Re: new blank tab

On 3/16/06, Michael M <debian writemoore net> wrote:

It makes me eager to use Gnome 2.14!  It's times like these I think I
should switch away from Debian to something more cutting-edge like
Gentoo.  Then I go read the Gentoo installation docs, and after about
five pages I get very sleepy, and when I wake up, I'm still running
Debian.  :-)

You could give Ubuntu a try - it's very cutting-edge, not the least when it comes to Gnome, as it tracks Gnomes release cycles (releasing a new version about one month after each time and keeping it updated), there is no installation hassles and you'd feel right at home with a lot as it's built on debian. I'm running Gnome 2.14 already in the development version (Ubuntu Dapper), otherwise the full version will be released in a little while.

It does not install Epiphany by default though, as it uses Firefox, but it's just one "sudo apt-get install epiphany-browser epiphany-extensions" away, and then you can set it to be your default in Gnome Preferred Applications.

There's probably more alternatives too. :) I used to run Gentoo, and it was lots of fun, but after a while I was only tinkering, not getting anything done. ;-)

-- Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Lundén
kristoffer lunden gmail com