Re: new blank tab

Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
Hi Michael,

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Michael M wrote:

discovered yet.  But I have another question.  When I open a new tab
(CTRL+T), the tab opens to my homepage.  Is it possible to open a blank
page instead?  I see that I can use a blank page instead of my home page
all the time, but I like having a homepage.  I just don't want it to
load everytime I open a new tab.

If you like to have a homepage to automatically open a URL when you launch the browser, you can drag a bookmark to your desktop or panel and click on that to launch Epiphany. Then set the home page to blank.

Another possibility is to use the 'blank new tab' extension by Pete O'Grady: http://www.peteogrady.com/temp/epiphany-blank-new-tab/

Put the files in your ~/.gnome2/epiphany/extensions directory.

Thanks for both suggestions.  I think I'll try the extension.

Are there more of these extensions floating around out there? The 'blank new tab' extension isn't mentioned on Epiphany's website, nor is it included in Debian's epiphany-extensions package. I had a look at the wiki and didn't see any "unofficial" extensions collection, but I will try looking again.

--
Michael