Re: Download folder

Hi Kristoffer,

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006, Kristoffer Lundén wrote:

Do you think the inconvenience of opening an unasked-for window
outweighs to convenience of having immediate access to your fresh
download?

That's actually a very good question, and I gave it some thought. But
yes, I still stand my my opinion. The reason is that it is relatively

(offtopic, but I'm intrigued by your mails. When I read them, they appear as twice quoted, as if it were a reply to a reply, but when I reply to them, your text isn't displayed with quotation signs at all by Pine... Never seen this effect before!)

So, we can probably conclude that popping the download window to the front is not the best solution here.

Btw, don't want to try it right now, but is the auto-run feature still
there? Last time I clicked a SVG file online it opened like a million
windows because SVG was associated with epiphany,

Auto download & open is still there, but the particular problem you are referring to has been fixed in 1.9.4. Epiphany won't start another instance of itself, even if it is associated with a certain file type.

Have you tried the rsvg mozilla plugin, by the way?

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen