Re: VDQ : Open in tabs?

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:21:08 +0200, Osma Ahvenlampi wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 16:57 -0500, Beartooth wrote:
>> > How do I check what gnome I'm running?
>> >
>> > Neither rpm -q gnome nor rpm -q GNOME did any good.
>
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 18:36 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
>> "System -> About Gnome" and look at "Version" in the lower left.  Mine
>> says 2.13.4.

Mine says gnome-desktop-2.10.0

> That, or on a Fedora Core machine, rpm -q gnome-desktop should work
> (although it doesn't tell you the entire truth -- FC has dozens of "core
> GNOME" packages and that's just the version number of one of them).

I get gnome-desktop-2.10.0-5, corroborating the other result.

> However, FC4 comes with GNOME 2.10, and there are no official updates,
> so nrpms.net is the easiest upgrade. FC5 will be based on 2.12, I
> believe.

I'm still afraid of losing Epiphany entirely to dependency hell, as I did
Galeon some years back, which I still miss. I haven't decided whether to
upgrade to FC5 as soon as a stable version is released, or to wait till
FC4 hits End Of Life. Any idea how FC5's coming? I haven't seen any
mention of FC5 on gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general -- and I know the
target dates can't help slipping sometimes.

And My poor old 1.6.5 is very usable, after all, even if I do wish for
more capabilities ...

--
Beartooth Stickster, Neo-Redneck Linux Enthusiast
A wanderstaff like an Elvish rope should be long,