Re: browsewithcaret

2006-12-15 klockan 13:38 skrev Lluis:
> El Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 01:17:44PM +0100, Wouter Bolsterlee ens deleit? amb les seg?ents paraules:
> > 2006-12-15 klockan 12:07 skrev Lluis:
> >> [snip: disabling caret browsing]
> >> Any ideas? Is this a known bug? Or am I missing something?
> >
> > Does hitting F7 have any effect?
>
> Arrrggghhhh! It worked! XD
>
> Besides toggling the browsewithcaret option, F7 also let me deactivate it
> on subsequent runs.
>
> I don't know about its internals, but for what you said, F7 toggles the
> option on epiphany's internal configuration, which overrides the one in
> about:config at startup...
>
> For me this isn't a good way to do it, as it leads to (supposedly)
> inconsistencies on its behaviour.

Epiphany uses the /apps/epiphany/web/browse_with_caret gconf key. The about:
option may or may not work, but certainly aren't the "supported" way to
change browser settings.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

it's the one fatal flaw :: let us swallow you all, you all          -- gomez