Re: roadmap discussion

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 15:31 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> > is because I have to use Windows at work, and so Firefox is what I am
> > used to.
>
> I don't follow this argumentation

One thing that always bugs me in Windows is that using the mouse wheel
scrolls the focused window and not the hovered-over window. Another is
the lack of workspaces.

When I had to use Windows over the summer, I had to learn to get used to
these differences. One difference is very minor; the other is a bit more
important. However, I found myself -- on Linux at home -- using a single
workspace and hovering over windows before scrolling.

Epiphany on Linux feels *very* different from Firefox on Windows. I
didn't really investigate why. However, if I had been at work for more
than just the summer, I'd *have* to have done *something*, since using
the browser at work was unbearable. Firefox isn't a bad browser, but
it's too "different".

Point is, I'm one person, not two, so having two browsers is difficult.
All the little differences really, really add up. They're why I prefer
Epiphany -- but if I had to use Firefox every day at work for more than
just one summer, I'd consider switching at home, too.

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>