Re: Bookmark behaviour

> > Personally I'd like to see people trying it out
> > with their collections and commenting on how well it behaves for them...
>
> So would I. Unfortunately, looking at the number of downloads, either
> most people aren't interested, don't run Debian or don't like patching
> software. Not too surprising really. Just not sure which reason is more
> prominent.

I happen to use debian, and I have tried the package for a couple of
months now, and I must say I really like it. The hierachy that the
system creates is very natural , and makes it really easy to find the
bookmarks using the menu. If I had created the hierachy myself it would
probably be worse than the automatically created hierarchy.

One thing that worried me about the patch at first was that adding a
bookmark could drastically change the hierarchy, making the bookmarks
hard to find. However the hierarchy seems rather stable, and even if
adding a bookmark slightly changes the hierarchy all my bookmarks are
still really easy to find.

I really think the patch combines the best of both worlds. On the one
hand you have the eas to use topic system, making it incredibly easy to
add bookmarks, and on the other hand you have a nice hierarchical
bookmark menu which makes searching for a bookmark in a large collection
using the mouse really easy.

I for one would really like to see this patch added to epiphany. It
really seems like a step forward.

gr Ernst