Re: [Usability] Re: [Epiphany] epiphany toolbar/bookmarks

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 05:48:17PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  > - Searches are currently not very "rich", so if you have 2000
>  > bookmarks, it can be hard to find them. But on the long time a
>  > database approach is obviously the best also for people with so many
>  > bookmarks.
>
>  With a large collection there's another problem: the list of topics is
>  also potentially large.  Just finding a topic is in itself a difficult
>  task.  I'm not sure if there's a solution for this problem (other than
>  just "that's your problem, think of better topics" -- well, I'm not a
>  librarian, ook?)

It seems like there might be some cheesy hack to allow topics to be
hierarchized; for example, I can imagine creating topics with "/" in
the name:

 Foo/Bar
 Foo/Baz

Would it be a total hack if that was magically used to generate
submenus? Probably so. ;-)

Not sure / is a good choice since there are probably reasonable single
topic names that contain it.

This would allow old bookmark hierarchies to be imported more sanely,
but might suck in a lot of other ways.

Havoc