Re: [Epiphany] Suggestion: gnome keychains?

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 17:32, Simon D Howard wrote:
> I noticed that when using galeon and epiphany they both store passwords
> for websites seperately from each other (and from the rest of gnome) -
> would it be a good idea to split off the password storage system into a
> seperate library? Ie. Create a general gnome keychain system for storing
> such information.

That's an excellent idea - an encrypted storage for passwords and maybe
other information as well accessible to authenticated apps. The big
question is how to authenticate the applications - I don't think a
Palladium-style initiative would be too popular :)

Perhaps something that would tie into pam or ssh-agent to unlock the
storage on login and provided any application only access to data that
application has previously stored in the the keychain (maybe by
generating a public/private keypair upon first access, and the app would
store its own private key somewhere within its own settings).

--
Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@iki.fi>

This is a digitally signed message part