Re: [Epiphany] Suggestion: gnome keychains?

tis 2003-05-13 klockan 16.32 skrev Simon D Howard:
> I noticed that when using galeon and epiphany they both store passwords
> for websites seperately from each other (and from the rest of gnome) -
> would it be a good idea to split off the password storage system into a
> seperate library? Ie. Create a general gnome keychain system for storing
> such information.
>
> This could potentially benefit other gnome apps. I have a small program
> that uses gnome-vfs to access FTP sites and currently just stores
> passwords in the gconf registry, so such a system would also be useful to
> me. I can think of other uses for this: gnome-terminal could add an ssh
> function and store passwords in the keychain, and with web services
> becoming popular I expect it would be useful to the mono project too.
>
> What do people think of this? I'd be willing to help work on such a
> project

I think most people agree that something like this is very much needed
in GNOME.

Please see the following threads/messages:

http://lists.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-August/msg00095.html
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-September/msg00473.html

Perhaps you can contact the author of the Gringotts project and discuss
whether integrating with GNOME would be acceptable and doable.

Christian