Re: [Epiphany] Visual Bookmarks/ Thumbnailed Bookmarks

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 00:39, Eric Zeitler wrote:
> I figured it'd probably help out with my bookmarks as well.  If the only
> thing you remember about a site is the fact that it's got a certain
> color border, or it has a 3 column format you can quickly pick it out of

That's probably very good for you because you've learnt to distinguish
sites from their layout due to you profession, but I don't think it
works too well with the average user. Hell, I work with web sites too
(though as a programmer, not as a designer), and I can't remember what
sites look like.

Besides, I don't think there's that much variance in the layouts of most
(mainstream) sites. Art/design sites are a whole different matter, but
business/consumer sites organize themselves the same way so that the
users wouldn't have a hard time adjusting to them.

I do remember the logos of the sites I frequent, though. Makes sense,
because logos are designed to be easily distinguishable and remembered.
And Ephy bookmark editor shows you the favicon for a site, if there is
one.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@iki.fi>

This is a digitally signed message part