Re: [Epiphany] Epiphany RPM packages for RH9

On 13 May 2003, Osma Ahvenlampi wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 08:14, Dag Wieers wrote:
> >  + I'd like to have my back/up/forward buttons to behave as Galeon. (No
> >    arrow and right-click gives me drop-down)
>
> not my call but I'd say for new users that would be confusing.

Sure, I wouldn't want that to be the default ;)

> >  + I'd like to be able to get rid of the text on those buttons. (It
> >    consumes too much space IMO)
>
> GNOME Preferences -> Menus and toolbars

Well, actually I have it configure as "Text Besides Icons" but Epiphany
behaves as if "Text Below Icons".

> >  + Can we have a 'clean' button that erases the Location-bar ? I don't
> >    understand why they removed it from Galeon2 either ;-(
>
> Never felt a need for one myself.. triple-click and backspace is what I
> do. However, IE-style of selecting the whole text on the first click
> inside the address bar would be nice.

Well, that's not an option as you would loose the currently selected text
from the copy-buffer. A button that erases the Location-bar (or some other
mechanism that doesn't need a second hand for the keyboard) would be
greatly appreciated ;)

> >  + Easy access to the proxy-configuration is a must. Especially if you
> >    have a laptop and move around alot. (Like galeon used to have)
>
> Again, GNOME Preferences -> Network proxy

It would be nice to have it available more easier. In some cases I have to
use different proxies for different destinations. At home and at work I
have a server providing me a PAC file. But at customer-sites this is a
mess. Being able to switch between configurations with a minimal number of
clicks would be nice. (Galeon had this and removed it from Galeon2 ;-( )

I don't know whether GNOME allows the PAC to be on the harddisk. That
would be a solution in some cases but being able to select a 'customer'
PAC from a menu would be even better ;)

PS Let's test file:///home/dag/.pac/customer.pac, I guess it needs a
proper mime-type though.

Thanks for your feedback.
--   dag wieers,  dag@wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
«Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors»