Re: [Epiphany] Re: Default layout discussion

On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 07:56, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> > Okay, this fixes half of the problem - sites which don't have favicon
> > don't have a generic bookmark icon on the toolbar, either. Any opinions
> > on what to do about the other part - showing only the favicon, and not
> > the name, on the toolbar?

> I declare this crack.

I was afraid you'd say that. I would like to point out though, that in
regular bookmarks fairly long, desriptive titles are useful because it
makes it easier to find find them and remember what they were about,
whereas on the toolbar such names are just waste of space - I'm simply
taking that principle to the extreme by eliminating the name completely
if the icon is mnemonic enough. For me at least this means that any
links I have on the toolbar have to be in the bookmarks twice.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@iki.fi>

This is a digitally signed message part