Re: [Epiphany] Statusbar

Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpeseng@tin.it> writes:

> > Hmm - for presentations I use MS powerpoint ...
>
> Well, with presentations I mean showing a web site to several people.
> That's the only way I've seen it used. I'm not pretending to say
> that's the way it's used/should be used, dont have enough data to say
> it.

OK - but in that context I would have thought it should still look like
it's a "browser" - but again I don't have any hard, fast facts to back
that up!

> >I use full-screen mode purely to take advantage of the fact I have a
> >large display and don't like scrolling if I don't have to. In this case
> >it make no sense to not have the statusbar.
>
> I used a few times fullscreen to have larger display too and I hate to
> have the statusbar there ...

Out of interest why? If you don't think it take up too much real-estate
in normal mode how can it take up too much when you're in fullscreen?

Or do you normally have it turned off in "normal" mode?

> I'd have to turn it have to gain screen aestate, but that would be
> slow and I'd prolly never use fullscreen at that point.  I enable it
> only for sites that I know to pass some time reading. The only use I
> make of statusbar is seeing the links addresses, which is not that
> useful in such situations.

The other stuff is also useful I think, for example feedback on page
loads via the progress meter [Since there's no guarantee of the spinner
being available, or the tab indicators since some people don't use tabs]
, and secure/non-secure status since that's not represented anywhere
else ...

> Yeah these are just impressions, feelings, not very useful. Maybe
> someone other has more interesting things to say ;)

Me too ... :p

Lee
--
+------------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------------