Re: [Epiphany] Statusbar

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 10:02, Lee Willis wrote:
> I've got a couple of related/intertwined points, and rather than raising
> bugs I thought I'd bring them up for a brief discussion here
>
> 1. We seem to have regressed 111747. Try turning the bookmark bar on/off
>    in various states of fullscreen-ness and note how seemingly
>    unpredictable the behaviour is.

Could you post a bug about this ? Chromes are an hell.

> 2. If I choose to have the status bar visible it disappears whenever I
>    go into fullscreen.

I think it's good to hide the statusbar when going fullscreen. On the
longer time I think also toolbar should have a special, smaller, layout.
Ihmo fullscreen should allow to go to the minimal screen aestate layout
in one step.
To make a call we would need to know more about the possible use cases
of it. I and Dave tried to think to it and the vastly major task seem to
be presentations ... (There are also kiosks, but I think that should be
solved in a different way).

>3. Do we actually want user's to be able to turn off the statusbar? I
>   can't think of an overwhelmingly good reason to turn this off.

HIG says:

"Shows or hides the application's statusbar. This is a checkbox menu
item. Include this item in every application that has a statusbar."

Marco