[Epiphany] Re: [Usability]Epiphany default toolbar layout

Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> writes:

> Personally, I have my own portal thingy on my webserver that I use as a
> leaping off point. It's my home page, and I go to it *all* the time. If I
> didn't have a home button, I'd put it on a bookmarks toolbar.

Ditto. (I cheat in Mozilla and make the spinner act as a home
button. I suspect this might confuse people, though.)

> Safari has combined the Stop and Refresh buttons very nicely -> when would
> you want to refresh a page whilst downloading it? Approximately
> never. :-)

Opera does this too (or used to). I find it really annoying, because I
quite often want to refresh a page that's coming from a slow webserver
before it's entirely finished downloading.

Maybe the Stop button and spinner could be combined without confusing
people too much -- if the Stop button isn't greyed out, then that
means the same as the spinner spinning in most browsers...

--
Adam Sampson <azz@us-lot.org>                   <http://azz.us-lot.org/>