Re: [Epiphany] Popups blocking

Hi Marco,

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> I think galeon way to do it is not good. You block everything, also
> popups that may be useful.
>
> Phoenix does a better work I think. When a popup is blocked you can
> access a list and allow the host to show it.

I haven't used Phoenix, but I've used Mozilla + prefbar and Galeon. The
most pressing problem with popup blocking, to my mind, is that no visual
cue is given when the browser indeed blocks a popup. When I've got
blocking enabled, and I land on a site which seems to malfunction, I can
try again with blocking disabled and see if that helps.
I imagine a small widget in the browsers' status bar that would shortly
flash a red light (or whatever 'warning color' the locale knows) when a
popup is blocked. When clicked upon, it could show a window allowing to
change the popup preference for the current URL.

WDYT?

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout@cs.vu.nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

Help mee met het vertalen van GNOME! Zie http://gnome-nl.sourceforge.net/