Re: More improvements to the map plugin

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 12:57 +0100, Felix Riemann wrote:

> The new markers are a bit of a step back in my eyes though, as they
> don't have a thumbnail and are less precise due to the missing arrow
> tail (although that's likely neglible).

Yes, although I could still show the bubbles with the little icon in
them.

> But I guess that's due to limits of eog's thumbnailing. We should
> probably look into ways to improve it as it has shown these limits in
> several occasions lately.

Indeed, it is a limitation of EOG. I can only get the thumbnail for the
images visible in the EogThumbView.  I had tried displaying the
thumbnail for the current image only but it was odd.

> As the new functionality is so different (esp. speed-wise) from the
> original implementationm, I think having the possibility to switch
> back to the old layout through a preferences dialog wouldn't be a nice
> move as well (except if it's hard to maintain both paths in the
> plugin).

What about having 2 plugins? It would mean 2 code base to maintain, but
appart from "set the location" feature, I don't see much else needed to
be added. hehe

Pierre-Luc