Re: Some improvements

Hi Gernot,

El lun, 14-07-2008 a las 12:05 +0200, Gernot Klimscha escribió:
> Hola!
>
> I added some small improvements to eog that make my life easier.
>
> The things I did are:
>
> 1. Added a new menu entry that allows to copy the currently viewed
> image's path to the clipboard. I am using this to make it easier to send
> images over IM for example so I don't have to search everytime for the
> picture path and the exact filename (even worse with images from a
> digital camera where the names contain a lot of numbers ...)

This is interesting. Would like to see the patch and discuss about it.

> 2. Added a new menu entry that allows to toggle between real size and
> fitted one, so I can switch with one key shortcut between the two.

Hm, not sure if I'd add this by default. Maybe as a plugin.

> 3. When in normal view mode, use ESC key to quit eog (Sorry for that
> fast quitting, but that's because I am used to it from other tools).

I don't think we want to add an extra shortcut to quit. There used to be
other shortcuts ('q', I think) but they got removed.

> As said, these are just very small things, but I think they could be
> useful for everybody using eog.
>
> If you want I can submit a patch, but as I am using Ubuntu Hardy I made
> the changes against eog 2.22.2, so I would also submit a patch against
> that version?
> Would that be one patch or 3, one for every change?

Teoretically, you should write patches against trunk; one for each
change you make. File independient bugs in bugzilla, and place the
patches there. I'd certainly prefer discussion to move there.

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra gnome org>