Support GNOME in India and South Asia

Hi guys,

I would like to be part of your team to promote and support GNOME in India. I am from Kerala, the southern tip of India. I would like to associate with you guys and start some Open Source clubs here to encourage more students to contribute to Open projects.

Regarding myself, I am currently doing my final year Engineering in Computer Science at Govt. Model Engineering College, Kochi-21. I am a Google Summer of Code 2016 student and worked with Debian-RTC team[1]. I have been previously selected to present 2 talks at DebConf'16 and I have a upcoming session at FOSDEM 2017 [2] at Feb. I am also a track organiser at upcoming edition of FOSSASIA Meet.

I am trying to setup a better environment for students interested in contributing to open source projects and help them build a good network and I wish to start it from my college. Hope you guys can help.

[1] - https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/WorkProduct/Balram
[2] - https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/ichat_gateway/

Regards,
Balram Pariyarath
Fellow | Google Summer of Code 2016
CS Head | Excel 2016
Chairman | IEDC-MEC 2016
Computer Science and Engineering (Batch: 2013-17)
Govt. Model Engineering College, Kochi-21
☎:  +91 8129130866
✉: balbbrl gmail com