Re: Support GNOME in India and South Asia

Hi Balram!

We're so sorry that we didn't get back to you quickly.  So please pardon the delay in responding.

We would love your participation!

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 8:38 PM Balram Pariyarath <balbbrl gmail com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I would like to be part of your team to promote and support GNOME in India. I am from Kerala, the southern tip of India. I would like to associate with you guys and start some Open Source clubs here to encourage more students to contribute to Open projects.

That's fantastic!

Regarding myself, I am currently doing my final year Engineering in Computer Science at Govt. Model Engineering College, Kochi-21. I am a Google Summer of Code 2016 student and worked with Debian-RTC team[1]. I have been previously selected to present 2 talks at DebConf'16 and I have a upcoming session at FOSDEM 2017 [2] at Feb. I am also a track organiser at upcoming edition of FOSSASIA Meet.

Sounds great, so cool that you are involved in the Debian community.  Perhaps you can tell us what attracted you to GNOME?

I am trying to setup a better environment for students interested in contributing to open source projects and help them build a good network and I wish to start it from my college. Hope you guys can help.

That sounds great!  Come see us on our #engagement channel on irc.gnome.org, and chat with us and we can figure out what sort of things you are interested in and come up with some projects.

In addition, I have an opportunity for you to be involved with the Indian govt as well working on open source projects.  Perhaps you could champion GNOME for us there?

I see that you had mentioned FOSDEM.  Will you be there?

Kind regards,

sri

Regards,
Balram Pariyarath
Fellow | Google Summer of Code 2016
CS Head | Excel 2016
Chairman | IEDC-MEC 2016
Computer Science and Engineering (Batch: 2013-17)
Govt. Model Engineering College, Kochi-21