Re: New initiative proposal: October is the month we squash bugs

I absolutely love the idea of trying to get new people involved in bug triage. We really miss having an active Bug Squad, and it's a great way to get involved in the project. October seems as good a time as ever to do it (perhaps it could happen at other times also, depending on how successful it is).

I suppose the main thing we'll need are mentors available for newcomers. When I started triaging bugs I remember that Tobi kept a watchful eye over me in the beginning. :)

It would also be great to update the Bugsquad pages [1] to reflect the current state of things, or perhaps just set up a new triage guide elsewhere...

Allan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Bugsquad