Re: Ideas for gnome.org

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Might be nice to think about including those, certainly. It somewhat depends
on the overall design and not letting it get too cluttered.

Sure, I was just throwing something I'd like to see that will
hopefully be taken into account when someone does the new design.

My impression is that very few people edit pages on
gnome.org currently, and the content doesn't change all that often.

That's something I didn't take into account and you're probably right about it.

• Translations - we haven't got them working for the current website - how
much work would it be to get them working? Would it be easier for a
different setup?

You mentionned the flatpak website earlier: is it translatable?

Translations are probably easier to setup with any static generator
than with Wordpress, as we have many tools that deal with the common
formats used in such cases (Markdown and HTML mostly).

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director