Re: Ideas for gnome.org

On Tue, 6 Sep, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
On 2016-09-05 17:43, aday gnome org wrote:
This got me wondering: if the blog part of the site was moved elsewhere, would there be any reason to continue using Wordpress for gnome.org?! With the blogging part being taken care of by a separate site, maybe we could go with more minimal solution for gnome.org. Having experienced this type of website setup for flatpak.org, I have to say that it's a really nice way to work, and it could make it easier to do a redesign of the website.
I would like if we could figure out how a redesign would look before switching backend engines. I like the wordpress more than the static site generator we had before (not only for the handy edit button, but also because the old system broke down a lot), but if we want to build something that would benefit from a static site generator, I think we should choose the right tool for the job.

That would be the correct way to do it, indeed!