Feedback needed for gnome.org homepage redesign

Hello everyone,

I was working on the new FoG pages and in the meantine i played with the homepage redesign of gnome.org. Here is a screenshot [1], it's the same layout as we have now with a new menu bar and rearranged content.
I would really appreciate hearing your opinion and thoughts about the prototype.
Of course, there is plenty of room for improvement here that i'm willing to talk about.
Cheers,

Tom

[1] http://i.imgur.com/16JYo3h.png