Re: Feedback needed for gnome.org homepage redesign

Hi Tom,

Cool! this is only a little layout-related but I have some suggestions for the thumbnail there. I think the current thumbnail is too small to show off the GNOME user interface and describe the desktop properly.

My suggestion to solve that would be to let the screenshot take up the full width and overlay the text (see http://i.imgur.com/BKie4Om.png). Another approach which my be more favorable would be to frame the thumbnail inside something tangible like a laptop or a desktop monitor to convey the utility (http://i.imgur.com/iyBxRQb.png).

How doable are these suggestions doable you think? anyone else got input on this?

I have some more suggestions on the smaller details ( font sizes, padding, text) but if you want we can wait until a later iteration with that.

-Bastian