Re: 3.20 Headline Features

Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
XDG app isn't particularly a user facing feature at this stage. The most
relevant new feature is the availability of nightly apps [1]. However, these
nightly builds don't get much attention, and they require the command line
to install, so are somewhat technical. In general I don't like selling user
features if they require a terminal!

I was under the impression that it was possible to install xdg-apps in
Software.

Correct.

Or do you mean that you need a terminal in order to set up the
repo?

I'd need to double check with Alex, but that's my understanding. I
definitely remember him saying you need to use the terminal! :)

There is also the ability to build as xdg-app in Builder, and that has a bit
of UI. More a developer thing though. Could have all the XDG stuff in the
developer section perhaps?

That's an option, yes...