Re: GNOME Annual Report | Status Update - Layout Complete

On 09/25/2015 05:19 AM, Jeff Fortin Tam wrote:
Le mardi 22 septembre 2015 à 19:13 +0100, Allan Day a écrit :

It would be nice to visually distinguish this report from last
year's, possibly by changing the colours used on the cover?
Out of curiosity, I looked into how the current Scribus file for the
report is done, and it looks like this would be a non-trivial amount of
work. To my surprise, the tessellated triangles that form the cover and
back pages' background are not some diagonal line trickery nor are they
a single solid object (ex: a SVG made with Inkscape): they actually are
true geometric objects made directly in Scribus and controlled
individually. Every triangle. All on the same layer (but grouped). Wow!
That must have taken quite a bit of time to create, otherwise I'm very
curious to hear what speedhack/technique was used.

It's this file: https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-marketing/blob/master/annual-report-2014/cover.svg
Since it's vectors, Scribus can also edit it after import.

Granted, since those are solid colors and Scribus works with a set
palette, it might not be impossible to change them (but if you change
one, you ought to adjust most if not all of them). Perhaps a speedhack
would be to swap colors "in palette" instead of touching the objects.

It's green now. Not super-excellent, but more or less what I had time for.

- Andreas