Re: Rethinking our release press releases

Liam Quin <liam w3 org> wrote:
Although it can make sense to focus energy like that, we should also ask,
why aren't journalists using press releases?

The release notes, release video and screenshot pack all get used in
the press coverage that I've seen. The screenshot pack is typically
only linked to from the press release, so journalists must be looking
at it.

The thing that isn't getting used is the third party quotes, as far as
I can see.

Part of the issue is that the press release typically doesn't contain
much in the way of unique material - we already have the release
notes, news announcements, and so on. If this material was only
contained in the press release, I'm sure that more of it would get
used. :)