GNOME Engagemet Team | Meeting Notes | Aug 31, 2015

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to those who made it to the meeting today on IRC!

I'm sending these meeting notes so everyone knows what we talked about, didn't talk about, and what we have as next steps. FYI - even those who did not attend may have some next steps ;) You're welcome.

Meeting summary (full meeting notes here [1]):

Social Media
We identified 5 social media channels we want to focus on promoting and tried to identify the people who currently manage each one. We also proposed more defined areas of responsibility so we can better share the management and make sure each channel is strategically and adequately leveraged.

We then started to propose who should actually own each social media channel. We need your input. Here's the responsibility table so far:

Channel

Role

Current (Aug 31st)

Nominations/Proposed

ALL THE
THINGS

Chancellor

Ministry member

N/A

N/A

Allan Day

Nuritzi

Facebook

Head Mage

Magelets

Responders

Oliver Propst

Allan Day

Nuritzi, Rosanna

Twitter

Head Mage

Magelets

Responders

Oliver Propst, Allan Day

Sri

Rosanna

Google+

Head Mage

Magelets

Responders

Parth Panchal

Bastian

Bastian

GNOME.org

Head Mage

Magelets

Responders

Oliver Propst/Allan Day

Fabiana

Allan Day, Nuritzi

YouTube

Head Mage

Magelets

Responders

Bastian

Bastian

Now, check out the social media plan [2] to see what each title means and add yourself to the table in the position/s you'd like to fill. Or, you can just email me to talk more about it.

Annual Report
A status update about the report was sent out on another thread called "Annual Report Publishing (Action Required)". Please read it and act where needed. We aim to get the digital version published by Monday, September 14th. Thanks in advance for helping. :)

List of Engagement Team Initiatives
I see the engagement team as a bunch of super heroes. Yes, we are charming. Yes, we are dashing. Yes, we are incredibly organized and able to do more than is humanly possible.

Or are we?

Not sure. But let's find out! First, we need a plan. You know, something to keep track of all the stuff we are trying to do. That way, we can make sure we don't miss great ideas, can prioritize initiatives, measure the initiatives' success, and most importantly, properly resource things.

@All - Please help us keep a list of Engagement Team Initiatives [3]. Look through what we already have and add what you know, or new ideas. We can then turn some of those into priorities (during a meeting!), and we can turn some of them into Engagement Team love bugs.

Upcoming 3.18 Release - deferred
**We did not get to the upcoming 3.18 release. An action-oriented meeting should be planned for next week to go over this agenda item and maybe to follow up on some of the above items too.

Heads up that I will be on vacation from Wednesday 9/2 - Wednesday, 9/9, but I'll do my best to answer email when I have a connection. Don't hesitate to send me any questions. I'll also try to be available on IRC @nuritzis.

Looking forward to more meetings! (<-- yup, I just said that.). :)

Best,
Nuritzi

Btw - if anyone is new to the Engagement team mailing list and wants a friend, feel free to email me. :) Heck, even if you're old to the Engagement team, feel free to friend me too.

[1] Full Meeting Notes:
https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/engagement-team-meetings

[2] Social Media Plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18zyPGhxuhCrpnj3-aiCZaTsuO_yEF2RgQ-A_NmcBit4/edit

[3] List of Engagement Team Initiatives:
https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/List_of_GNOME_Engagment_Team_initiatives

Nuritzi Sanchez  |  +1.650.218.7388 |  Endless