Re: Keeping external resources updated

Le mardi 25 août 2015 à 14:26 +0200, Andre Klapper a écrit :
Basically yes.

For extended information, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:COI

Huh, that's interesting. I thought that sure, you shouldn't edit an article about yourself or something extremely close to you, but that we were in a grey area regarding CoI.

I would have worked on this myself a while ago already, the thing is that beyond the possible bias & CoI, it's just a lot of focused work (so the problem for me is mainly time). But hey, if we can have external folks edit those pages that's great, it needn't be *specifically* the Wikimedia people, but getting wholly external folks to "fix" those pages without actively asking them (thus potentially biasing them) or creating a non-representative sample of contributors (ex: asking p.g.o. readers to contribute) is tricky.

Arguably, on the (sub)issue of bias, anybody can be biased, including external contributors, especially if they have an interest in making us look bad (ie: the GNOME3 hatin' crowd).