Re: Small idea to be more positive towards new contributors

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 11:50:02AM +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
FWIW:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShell/Development/WorkingWithPatches#How_to_review_a_patch

Makes sense. But it is difficult to know that when working only in
bugzilla. A tooltip could be displayed for each status. But the fact
that a tooltip is needed is a warning sign that the status should have a
better name (or the status should just be used in its first meaning,
i.e. "reviewed" just means that the patch was reviewed, nothing more).

Yeah, that doesn't help that the patch status is negative rather than
positive. Did you read the article I linked to?

In the article the statuses are "review-" and "feedback+". Obviously
with the + sign it's directly more positive.

"feedback-given" is better than "needs-work" and "rejected". But if
"reviewed" is used in its first meaning, what is the difference between
"feedback-given" and "reviewed"? Maybe "feedback-given" is slightly more
positive, so we can just keep "feedback-given" and remove the others
(reviewed, needs-work, rejected).