Re: reddit engagement

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
I personally find Reddit's lack of response on certain topics and legal
manners [1] misaligned with my values and those that I think are values of
the wider GNOME community.
It's not something I would like to use for outreach myself. I plain don't
want anything to do with it.
I think the context of our discussion was that there was some positive
buzz about GNOME there now and we could think about how to leverage
it, if I remember correctly we did some engagement there a while back.
But yeah totally understand you (don't use reddit myself).

What I would focus on is more proactive instead of reactive outreach.
Spreading good stories instead of trying to fire control the bad ones.
Definitely agree this should be our focus and it was not (or have ever
been) my intent to state anything else.

1. http://pento.net/2014/09/10/lets-have-a-chat-about-reddit/
Thanks for sharing this post it had many interesting points.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst