Re: reddit engagement

On 2014-10-25 13:22, Oliver Propst wrote:
A few of us had quick chat on irc yesterday about reddit[1] and came
to the conclusion that there is some positive buzz there [2] about
GNOME these days, maybe we should think more about how to better
engage with the reddit community/users.

I personally find Reddit's lack of response on certain topics and legal manners [1] misaligned with my values and those that I think are values of the wider GNOME community. It's not something I would like to use for outreach myself. I plain don't want anything to do with it.

What I would focus on is more proactive instead of reactive outreach.
Spreading good stories instead of trying to fire control the bad ones.

1. http://pento.net/2014/09/10/lets-have-a-chat-about-reddit/
- Andreas