Re: 3.12 Release Notes: First Draft

obviously i mean the wayland session ;)

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:31 PM, alex diavatis <alexis diavatis gmail com> wrote:
Hey Allan,

There were some changes in GDM, you can select the session from there.
I am attaching a screen. I also include Jasper because he obviously knows more ;)

I think you need to change the release notes on that, instead of the TTY command

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 10:08 PM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Thanks for this Hashem!

Hashem Nasarat <hnasarat gmail com> wrote:
> Looks great so far! Thanks for your work, Allan.
>
> * s/3.10/3.12 in a few places

Already fixed.

> In the Getting GNOME section:
> * Can we do have "<a href="" href="https://gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html" target="_blank">https://gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html"Free
> Software</a>" when you say "GNOME's software is Free Software"

Done.

> * Perhaps add something like "Keep an eye on
> http://www.gnome.org/getting-gnome/ for downloads to distros which
> support GNOME 3.12"

Reluctant to do that, in case we don't get around to updating it.

> I'd reorder the prevalence of:
> * Software - fills a huge gap (for discoverability, ease-of-use, etc)
> that Ubuntu Software Center has filled for a long while
> * Popovers - very positive reaction from the interweb
> * Gedit - also positive reaction
> * Videos - very cool changes, but I'm unsure of Videos/totem's
> popularity, so it seems strange to see it front & center ( perhaps it
> should go in "New and Updated Applications")
> * Portability to non-GNU/Linux (maybe) - to give credence to the idea
> that, yes, GNOME & systemd are not trying to take over your beloved *nix
>
> in roughly that order.

All good points. I've made some modifications to the structure based on this.

> Also, an important fix for 3.12 is properly rotation touch screens when
> the display rotates. That was a show-stopper for me using 3.10. With
> more people using touchscreens, many will probably like to know this is
> fixed.

Afraid I didn't get around to adding this. Might not be too big a deal
- I can't imagine the number of people running GNOME on a touchscreen
is all that great.

> Also, as Alex Diavatis mentioned before, can we be sure to make the
> release notes super available from gnome.org? Past releases have been
> terribly hard to find (I actually use google to find them, each time).

Yep, that's something I'd like to do.

Thanks again,