Re: 3.12 Release Notes: First Draft

Thanks for this Hashem!

Hashem Nasarat <hnasarat gmail com> wrote:
Looks great so far! Thanks for your work, Allan.

* s/3.10/3.12 in a few places

Already fixed.

In the Getting GNOME section:
* Can we do have "<a href="https://gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html"Free
Software</a>" when you say "GNOME's software is Free Software"

Done.

* Perhaps add something like "Keep an eye on
http://www.gnome.org/getting-gnome/ for downloads to distros which
support GNOME 3.12"

Reluctant to do that, in case we don't get around to updating it.

I'd reorder the prevalence of:
* Software - fills a huge gap (for discoverability, ease-of-use, etc)
that Ubuntu Software Center has filled for a long while
* Popovers - very positive reaction from the interweb
* Gedit - also positive reaction
* Videos - very cool changes, but I'm unsure of Videos/totem's
popularity, so it seems strange to see it front & center ( perhaps it
should go in "New and Updated Applications")
* Portability to non-GNU/Linux (maybe) - to give credence to the idea
that, yes, GNOME & systemd are not trying to take over your beloved *nix

in roughly that order.

All good points. I've made some modifications to the structure based on this.

Also, an important fix for 3.12 is properly rotation touch screens when
the display rotates. That was a show-stopper for me using 3.10. With
more people using touchscreens, many will probably like to know this is
fixed.

Afraid I didn't get around to adding this. Might not be too big a deal
- I can't imagine the number of people running GNOME on a touchscreen
is all that great.

Also, as Alex Diavatis mentioned before, can we be sure to make the
release notes super available from gnome.org? Past releases have been
terribly hard to find (I actually use google to find them, each time).

Yep, that's something I'd like to do.

Thanks again,