Re: Implement whatcanidoforgnome.org?"

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Fabiana Simões <fabianapsimoes gmail com> wrote:

I agree, but I don't think that's a sustainable path. It will be quite
hard to make sure resources are up-to-date for all teams in the
community.

Good point. Agree.

Moreover, I think we need a better workspace for the project. Before
diving into contributing, it helps to just lurk around and get a
feeling of how things work. We do not excel at having day-to-day
discussions in mailing lists, and IRC can be pretty tough to follow -
especially if you're at school or work all day. I'd love to start
experimenting with more open tools to communicate our tasks and
discussions.

IRC and mailing lists are not good places to lurk for beginners. Both
require a commitment of time, knowledge and resources.

Even once you start lurking it's either ML silence (not everyone is
aware of archives, and they are not very inviting), or lack of context
(IRC) on who is behind all this nicknames, what they are talking
about, etc.

I'm really interested on this. Shall we open a new thread, or maybe
meet on IRC for a chat?[1]

Diego

1 - That's kinda ironic! I'm serious though :-)