Re: Encouraging participation with gamification

On 2014-01-15 08:00, Juanjo Marín wrote:

On a similar note, I think there are a number of things we can do to recognize and promote participation. It would be really awesome if teams could regularly give kudos to new contributors doing significant work, or if we could recognize people involved in ours releases similarly to how WordPress does: http://wordpress.org/news/2013/12/parker/.

I think the kudos sounds like a very good idea :-) and it works to
fill the gap of activities not covered by bugs and git commits to some
extent and give a more human touch.

+1! Also, we could send t-shirts or some other swag to newcomers who distinguish themselves with a significant amount of work. We'd just need infrastructure to make sure we understand clearly who those people are.

karen