Re: BSD engagement

Yes, I saw that too (deadline for submissions was January 19th).

I figure since I'm so close, and I'm free, I will go regardless to meet up with the folks - talk about GNOME and BSD, see what I can learn, do some networking and lay foundations for next year. By that time, it should be more solid on all of the BSDs and maybe at that time we can put in some sort of presentation?

(I like to give presentations, so I volunteer - heck, I'll volunteer to give any presentation, anywhere, any time.)

I'll have to see if I can pick up a GNOME t-shirt to "fly the colours", so to speak.

Brett

On Feb 21, 2014 12:59 PM, "Ryan Lortie" <desrt desrt ca> wrote:
hi,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014, at 15:30, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> Maybe Ryan might also be interested?

I was already thinking about going to this, but it conflicts with Mekaro
[ http://mekaro.ca/ ] on the same weekend (which is an event that
Tiffany and I attend along with many friends from Toronto).

The two events are close to each other, however, and they don't totally
overlap.  I may be able to travel between the two on Saturday.

On the other hand, I think maybe we're a bit late for this one.  The
deadline to submit a talk is long past; in fact, they already sent the
notices for accepted talks a couple of days ago.  Does it make sense for
us to contact the organisers and try to set up some sort of booth or
presentation space?  It seems like this might be a bit of a stretch,
unless we're going to send more than just a couple of people.

If we do decide to send a bigger contingent, I'm happy to join.  I'm
glad to show up with a laptop running FreeBSD with the latest jhbuilt
GNOME and to chat about our efforts in this area.  Short of that, I'm
not sure we get a lot of value here.

Cheers