BSD engagement

So, with all this talk about BSD, it seems that we do not really do
much engagement with the BSD.  Part of this is that socially we don't
really mix a lot with the BSD folks.  You go to any linux related
conference and you'll generally find all kinds of people.

Would people be interested in going to a BSD conference?  What about
presenting a paper, or talking with BSD kernel folks about
requirements about running GNOME?  It maybe that we don't simply
engage so they have no idea what we want.

I just feel that we need to make an effort of some sort.  Here is the
cloest one in the U.S.:

http://www.bsdcan.org/2014/

There is another asia and europe one later this year.