Re: Marketing Marketing

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
> I was going to respond that engagement is the best fit.  It's also generic
> enough that we can apply to everything or anything we do.  My vote is for
> 'engagement'.

My reservation about "engagement" is that it makes it sound like we
only work with people who we already have a relationship with. It also
implies that our work only concerns deep and long-lasting
relationships. So I think my preference is for "promotion":

Noun

Activity that supports the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim.
The publicization of a product, organization, or venture to increase
sales or public awareness.

This is a pretty good description of what we do.

Allan

OK, I'm not too hung up on engagement.  I'm okay with promotion as well.