Re: Marketing Marketing

Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
I was going to respond that engagement is the best fit.  It's also generic
enough that we can apply to everything or anything we do.  My vote is for
'engagement'.

My reservation about "engagement" is that it makes it sound like we
only work with people who we already have a relationship with. It also
implies that our work only concerns deep and long-lasting
relationships. So I think my preference is for "promotion":

Noun

Activity that supports the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim.
The publicization of a product, organization, or venture to increase
sales or public awareness.

This is a pretty good description of what we do.