Re: 3.6 Release Marketing

Here's an update on where we are with the release marketing:

 * Release notes - done, currently being translated
 * Press release - Sri is leading this, and I've been gathering
quotations (we have 4 confirmed now). The text itself is work in
progress.
 * GNOME 3 page on gnome.org - Andreas said he'd update the screenshots.
 * GNOME 3 homepage banner - I've been talking to Lapo and Jimmac
about getting some new artwork. The current idea is to do something
that highlights our new accessibility and input methods features, with
the theme "Freedom for all".
 * Announcement news post - a draft is sitting in gnome.org; please
check it over and give feedback, if you have access.
 * Press outreach - this hasn't happened yet. I might have time, but I
might not - please step up here, if you can.

So most things are under control. We definitely could do with news
posts for before and after the release (perhaps spotlighting
particular features).

It would also be cool if anyone has ideas for things we could do on
the social media front. I've always liked the idea of having an online
event to coincide with the release... maybe we could use Hangouts to
do a live party, or to stream an interview with key developers or
designers?

IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/