Re: 3.6 Release Marketing

Last time we were going to ask Dirk Hoendel.  Would you like me to ask him for a quote?

sri

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

We have one week until the release of GNOME 3.6, and there's a bunch
of stuff that needs doing before then. This includes:

 * Write a press release, including quotations from important people
 * Write a news story for gnome.org
 * Update the gnome.org/gnome-3 page to reflect the new release (new
screenshots, perhaps tweak the content)
 * Create a new graphic and tag line for the gnome.org homepage
 * Send an email to our press contacts to ensure that they know about
the release, and to give them advance access to the release notes

The press release is probably the most pressing item right now,
because we have to request quotations from people.

It would be fantastic if anybody wants to help out with anything on
the list. I'll be around on #marketing - just say hi or hang around if
you want to help.

IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/