Re: Urgent - 3.2 Press Release

On Tue, September 27, 2011 1:07 pm, Olav Vitters wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:26:46PM -0400, Karen Sandler wrote:
"I'd like to offer my congratulations to GNOME team for their 3.2
release," said Rick Spencer, Director of Engineering, Ubuntu, at
Canonical. "Coming on the heals of the groundbreaking 3.0 release, 3.2
continues to offer innovation and refinement. We're proud to have the
great work in GNOME 3.2 as one of the pillars of Ubuntu 11.10. Ubuntu
wouldn't be what it is today without GNOME."

I'd prefer a quote from a customer. E.g. from that project in Spain
where we have 100.000+ users. Canonical only uses GNOME, I don't see the
relevance in a marketing message. It seems like a 'Android devs think it
is cool too' quote.

Is there an individual in particular that you're thinking of for the
quote? Do you think we can get it quickly? I think it would be ok to add a
fourth quote, since one of the ones we have is generically from the GNOME
release team. I think the Canonical quote is useful, since it's positive
press about GNOME from the company that's been the center of a lot of
negative press for GNOME and says that 3.2 is being used in Ubuntu in an
ongoing way.

karen