Re: Urgent - 3.2 Press Release

On Wed, September 14, 2011 4:44 am, Allan Day wrote:
Hi all,

The release notes seem to be progressing well, but no one seems to
have stepped forward to do the press release. This really needs taking
care of. (I'd do it but I'm totally swamped with other things at the
moment, unfortunately...)

I can get started on pulling the structure together today but we should
probably talk about a couple of things here first. Who would make good
quotes for this press release? In the GNOME 3.0 release we had Jon McCann,
Matt Zimmerman and Miguel de Icaza. I don't think we need three for this
one necessarily, but it would be good to understand what kind of overall
messaging we'd like to get across, other than that 3.2 is a bit better
than 3.0. Can we directly connect any of the improvements to a response
the criticism that we received? I bet there are folks that are going to
use 3.2 that haven't used 3.0 but do we know of any now?

karen