Re: Contractor status update: last week & next steps

Hi,

Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
Who are our liaisons with particular distributions?  Do we have any such
liaisons?  Ubuntu 11.04 is out on the 28th, OpenBSD on 1 May, Fedora 15
on 24 May, Mandriva on 13 June (dates according to DistroWatch), and if
we can provide them our GNOME 3 materials (screenshots, videos, FAQs,
etc.). That way they can redistribute them to their users.  If we don't
have any particular distro liaisons, then Allan and I should find their
marketing people and liaise.

Hard to say for all of them!

Here's some pointers to get you started:

Ubuntu GNOME packagers: Robert Ancell, Seb Bacher
Distribution manager: Rick Spencer
CTO: Matt Zimmermann

Fedora Project leader: Jared Smith, formerly Paul Frields

Red Hat: Best person to get pointed in the right direction would be
Jonathan Blandford. I think Matthias Clasen's taking a lot of the
management role for the desktop team on now?

Debian GNOME packager: Josselin Mouette

Suse Linux/OpenSuse: I guess we still can't do much better than Vincent
Untz for directions to who we should talk to.

What other distros are you interested in?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary