distributions contacts - was(Re: Contractor status update: last week & next steps)

On 04/15/2011 08:58 PM, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
Who are our liaisons with particular distributions?  Do we have any such
liaisons?  Ubuntu 11.04 is out on the 28th, OpenBSD on 1 May, Fedora 15
on 24 May, Mandriva on 13 June (dates according to DistroWatch), and if
we can provide them our GNOME 3 materials (screenshots, videos, FAQs,
etc.). That way they can redistribute them to their users.  If we don't
have any particular distro liaisons, then Allan and I should find their
marketing people and liaise.

I suppose we have different contacts for different things. There is a distributor-list gnome that comes to mind (though it's not quite popular - YET).

I am in touch with some people but for mainly technical and packaging issues so I don't think they would be so relevant (apart from forwarding the information maybe). They are all on the distributor list now I believe.

They might as well want to make their own branded materials. There was quite an active discussion on the fedora test list about the lack of Fedora branding on their current GNOME 3 version, with a people not so happy about it.

And then there are the people on the advisory board representing distributions too.

That's what I'm aware of on my end of the spectrum.

Fred