Re: Learning from the best

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Frederic Muller <fredm gnome org> wrote:
Hi!

For me I think half of the size would have been ok. The style is a but pompous and that part really killed it "The weekly email newsletters are extremely good, with links to a whole host of excellent articles and tutorials, notifications of events and training opportunities. " Basically the guy loves spam.... weird. I doubt our user base does (I could be wrong).

Actually a professional survey I just read said that most developers prefer email newsletters as their communication method and subscribe to several. I think the focus was web developers. It was a 50+ page report but I will try to dig up the quote later.

It also said that when it comes to training, they prefer webinars.

Stormy