Re: GNOME Store

 On 04/28/2010 12:18 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
Andre Klapper wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 28.04.2010, 11:02 +0200 schrieb Dave Neary:
If we must decide on a t-shirt design to drop (and we're not there yet),
the House of Monkeys T would be my preference.
Heh. That's exactly the one that I have gotten the most positive
comments ("cute" etc) and conversation starts ("what is GNOME?") for.
Really? For me, it's got low brand value, it's a bit confusing, and the
whole monkeys in-joke is distracting. I'm not a huge fan of the design,
and the t-shirt colours aren't great (but of wourse that's personal
preference).

Plus, it's the one that's selling the worst :)
I'm of course emotionally connected to it as I drew it, but numbers rule, so it can go if it's not selling well enough. Someone needs to draw new ones to replace the current ones first though, and I have a hard time coming up with stuff that is not too crazy. [1] :)

Note that the only physical(ish) limit of the store is the front page, it is still possible to keep all the, say, FOSDEM t-shirts in a subcategory if that is desirable.

1. Too some extent I want to do really designish stuff, (possibly opposed to geeky) as I think it's good to communicate that the GNOME community really, really care about design. If people are comfortable wearing them in public because they look good, and not just because they like GNOME, that's great.
- Andreas